Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blog #10: Project Log

What I've accomplished over the past few days:


  • Made a favicon! Now my website has a nice little book which appears next to the title.
  • Fixed up the blog a bit. It's not perfect, but now it has links and a header, so it appears more or less as part of the site, and links up properly.
  • Had a fight with the fancy scrollbar. May or may not end up keeping it, depending on if I can get it to work.
  • Messed around with adding an image carousel to the front page, to advertise parts of the collection, but I couldn't get it to work (I tried about 6 different scripts), so I ditched the idea, at least for now. It was a minor detail that was taking up too much time.
  • Asked for some opinions from friends and family on various designs I had been playing around with for the website. I think I have some good direction now, but I need to do some work to execute it.
  • Figured out some ways to organize menu content in a clearer and more aesthetically pleasing way.
So I'm still working away at various things! I hope to start working on content in the next few days, since I'm feeling more confident about the design now.

No comments:

Post a Comment